Pre-registration: JUNE 7 to JULY 2, 2021
The Master’s Degree Tourism, Transport and Environmental Economics (offered by TIDES) has the clear vocation of promoting the international impact of different working methods, both for teaching and research, related to the analysis of tourism, transport and environment. It all started during the 2013-2014 academic course. So this qualification is an international master that will have the support of an external prestigious teaching team and will be taught in English. The quality of the programme is guaranteed by a group of researchers specialized in different areas, including tourism economics, transport economics, environmental economics, spatial economics, applied statistics, urbanism and territorial planning.
The overall objective of this Master Course is twofold. First, to provide specialized postgraduate education in the field of the economic analysis of tourism, transport and environment; and secondly, to train students in the handling techniques required to produce quality applied research so as to enable them either to continue their training in a Ph.D. programme, or to be competitively inserted in the labour market.
During the course, students will develop their skills in research and analysis in order to assess all issues related to tourism, transport and environment from various perspectives and apply their theoretical knowledge to practical situations.
- ECTS hours: 25
- Amount of credits: 60
- Compulsory credits: 48
- Credits of the Master Thesis: 12
- Minimum credits for a full-time student: 60 for new enrolments/48-60 for second
- Minimum credits for a part time student: 30 for new enrolments/18-30 for second
- Type of attendance: On campus
- Courses: 1
- Number of new students: 30
- Language of study: English
The candidate’s profile to the Master’s Degree in Tourism, Transport and Environmental Economics must be a student having a degree on:
1. Old plans
- Graduated in Economic and Business Administration Sciences
- Graduated in Economics
- Graduated in Administration and Business Management
2. New plans
- Graduated in Economics
- Graduated in Administration and Business Management
- Graduated in Tourism
3. International degrees equivalent to the above ones
4. Students coming from other degrees with a strong knowledge of Maths and Statistic. It must be proved with the proper certificates. Those students with knowledge of Economics and Econometrics will be preferentially chosen.
If there is a large number of applicants, exceeding the amount of the offered places, the following ones will be preferentially admitted, in this specific order:
- Those students proving they have an official degree on Economics, Administration and Business Management or other subjects related to economics. They will be listed according to their academic records.
- Those students having a different degree of the previous point, but proving a work experience in tourism, transport or environment. They will be listed according to the amount of working years.
- All other applicants.
Additionally, the applicant to this Master’s Degree must prove his knowledge of the English language (B1 level), according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
* Todos los exámenes se realizarán a las 9:00 horas en el aula donde se imparten las clases de teoría, salvo que el profesor de la asignatura estime lo contrario. En dicho caso el profesor informará a los alumnos con antelación suficiente.
The Master Thesis (hereinafter TFT), of 12 ECTS credits, consists of the development of a work related to the competences of the degree, carried out in an autonomous and individualized way by a university student, under the guidance of an academic tutor who will act as a facilitator of the learning process.
In the case of the Master’s Degree in Tourism, Transport and Environmental Economics, the TFT must correspond to one of the following types:
a) Research, development and innovation work, experimental research work related to the degree.
b) Research work in the professional field and directly related to the degree.
c) Work of a professional nature in the field of the studies taken.
d) Other works that correspond to offers from the tutors or the students themselves, not adjusted to the previous modalities, taking into account their continuity with the Doctorate Program in Tourism, Economics and Management of the ULPGC.
Proyecto Docente TFM 2020-21
Dra. Concepción Román García
Oferta de líneas o títulos de TFT y sus Tutores
Asignación de Tutores 2019-20
Tribunales y fecha de presentación de TFT
What are Academic and Non-Academic Incidents, Complaints and Suggestions and Congratulations and how are they handled?
Complaints, Suggestions and Congratulations
In the field of university services, both academic and administrative, are documented statements by a user of the service about the functioning of the same.
They can be presented in any of these ways:
a. On paper, in the registry of the Administration of the TiDES.
b. In an electronic document, through the University’s electronic headquarters.
Non Academic Incidents
They occur in the area of the provision of any service or university unit (library, administration, computer service, etc.).
Communication will be made to the service/unit responsible (library, administration, computer service, etc.).
They occur exclusively in the academic field and interfere with the proper development of teaching.
The communication will be done through the form Academic Incidence Sheet and by registering it in the Administration of the TiDES.
Types of Academic Incidents
Availability and correspondence of the teaching project of the subject with the teaching given.
Clarity and use of the evaluation criteria and procedures reflected in the teaching project.
Availability and accessibility of material and technological resources necessary for the teaching activity.
Compliance with the teaching activity (class schedules, tutorials, substitutions, exams, review and publication of grades, etc.).
Behavior and attitudes of teachers, students and service administration staff.
Any other derived from the current academic regulations.
Resolution of Academic Incidents
The Director of the Institute, once the academic incidence has been registered, proceeds to consider the pertinence and viability of its resolution, taking into account the opinion of those affected and of those responsible for the academic actions that are the object of the incidence. If appropriate, he will carry out the necessary actions to resolve the academic incident, informing the user of the measures adopted using the available telematic means.
The response time is 15 working days from registration.
The following documents will be required at the moment of the formal registration:
- Copy of university diploma certificate or degree fee payment receipt.
- Copy of the official recognition of the diploma, issued by the home university, allowing admission to postgraduate studies.
- Copy of your personal academic transcript of records for the completed university degree, issued by the home university, indicating: duration in years of the program, number of hours, marks, and the university grading scale used.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Evidence of English language ability: B1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, accredited by the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (ULPGC). If you have the Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE) or the TOEFL, you will be able to validate these documents at the ULPGC. Otherwise you will need to pass an examination in order to obtain the B1 English certificate.
- To validate the certificate of English proficiency (TOEFL, FCE, etc…) visit the following link:
Section: Foreign language accreditation by documentation
Click on: Application for languages accreditation by documentation
- VERY IMPORTANT. Documents requested in paragraphs 1, 2, 3, and 4 must be officially translated into SPANISH.
Also, the Certificate of the university degree and the academic transcript of records must be officially legalized. The documents´ official translation must be done once the pertinent legalization procedures have concluded.
Visit the following link for more information:
ACREDITACIÓN DEL MASTER EN ECONOMÍA DEL TURISMO DEL TRANSPORTE Y MEDIO AMBIENTE
Con el propósito de cumplir con la normativa de ordenación de las enseñanzas oficiales en España, la acreditación inicial de los títulos debe ser renovada periódicamente. Este proceso implica, en primer lugar, que los títulos universitarios oficiales deben pasar por un proceso de evaluación de acuerdo con los protocolos establecidos por las Agencias de Evaluación.
En este Centro se presenta al proceso de renovación de la acreditación del Máster en Economía del Turismo, del Transporte y del Medio Ambiente.
La Comisión de Autoevaluación de este título ha elaborado un informe de evaluación que se ha enviado a la Agencia Canaria de Calidad Universitaria y Evaluación Educativa para que lo revise un panel de evaluadores externos. A continuación, les remitimos el informe para el conocimiento del contenido.
ACCREDITATION FOR THE MASTER IN TOURISM, TRANSPORT AND ENVIRONMENT ECONOMICS
In compliance with the regulations governing official education in Spain, initial accreditation of degrees must be renewed periodically. This process implies, initially, that official university degrees must undergo an evaluation process in accordance with the protocols established by the Evaluation Agencies.
This centre is applying for the process of renewal for the accreditation of the Master in Tourism, Transport and Environment Economics.
The Self-Evaluation Committee for this qualification has prepared an evaluation report that has been sent to the Canarian Agency for University Quality and Educational Evaluation for review by a panel of external evaluators. Following this, we shall send the report regarding the content.
Los miembros de la comunidad universitaria que quieran hacer llegar algún comentario sobre el informe al panel de evaluadores externos pueden hacerlo a través del correo electrónico:
Members of the university community who wish to submit any comments on the report to the panel of external evaluators can do so through the e-mail: